Friday, April 16, 2021

O in the ABC

Let me repeat some things, even though I know that is not ideal. But, you know I imagine everything as a video game. As a battle between people transforming henshin style into heroes and legends. Ill see someone walking down the street and its a cloud of sparking colors behind them. Or a staccato flip book image series of them taking each step until its a long repeating image like a glitching computer monitor. This lends me to these high beats per minute songs and electronic stuff often relegated to sub levels of cool. As if anyone can define me what is cool or what the hell adult alternative is any more. And Jay Z's "On to the Next One" is one of those songs, made to any of these kinetic and imaginative moments.

On to the next one...meaning sandwiches.

On to the next one...meaning problems. Because as soon as I put our one fire at work I get another one. 

On to the next one...meaning little errands ticked off the back of the envelope.  Milk, tortillas, grapes, yup got them all.

This is also the song playing as I walked into the pawn shop next to the cycling gym. A lot of these ABC Songs are the Soul Cycle style jams. Funny that I haven't ridden a bike since sophomore year of college and have the body of someone already past the point of no return. And I keep my head low and eyes down because this song and the gym will make me think of all the people at work that I know use this gym.

I hoped I wouldn't run into them. Or be caught in eye line. But there is this song and I can imagine them tossing their arms off the handles to tie back hair into an errant high ponytail. Three colored sneakers with the little air cushions inside of them and snake skin printed purple yoga pants. Please don't dismiss this as pure attraction. Its not "horny on main" all the time. Its that awkwardness of meeting people who are essentially strangers outside the usual confines. Imagine seeing a moose in a Mediterranean chaparral by the sea. Like that. The weird difference between them trying to get better and stay healthy and me trying to sell a gold ring and hoping there is enough to then get a bagel on the way home. Like that.  They need to start playing "Why Can't We Be Friends" because I want to make it out of here un embarrassed. 



No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...