Saturday, November 20, 2021

Parent teacher conference

At one point the teacher said that my son had very little writing stamina and was concerned he would not meet expectations as a writer. The conference there then lost all oxygen. I wish that is one apple that would have hit closer to the roots. I scribbled endlessly in margins and penned Star Wars fan fiction in notebooks with roller blade graphics on the cover. I would write out daydreams of a crush fighting it out with a lesser one. I didn't need double spaced essays. I won contests. Minor ones but enough that people said "You are a good writer." Likely not good but I can carry my own and now I find a challenge to test and exercise my kid on something that felt just as breathing 

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...