Sunday, January 02, 2022

New Year 2022

Eat less sugar. I didn't finish my daughter's leftover churro left on her desk

Drink more water. From the tap, not sparkling stuff.

Save money. I stuffed a twenty into the change cup of my glove box. Another twenty tossed into a jar behind the desk. Turn off all the lights. What the fuck, why are so many lights on!

Read more. Or re-read the stuff in the basement already dog eared and yellowed.

Enforce that toy embargo. There are still Legos unopened and nail polish sets forgotten. I'll buy any book or art supplies but nothing tops YouTube. Maybe a skin in a game, your bucks for RoBucks. 

Fantasize less. About work, it's never going to change. About the house which will still leak in all the same spots. About people on the Internet, photos on Facebook from two jobs and two kids ago. 

Write more. In margins and even on this blog writing to a single set of digital eyes unblinking.

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...