Friday, June 21, 2019

Quick Exercise-Lakeview

I found myself fortunate to have an elevated view. Even a few stories up I can see the lake and break wall tops soaked by waves. This spring broke records for rain fall and from the position I can see it. Not just in the break wall but also the submerged docks under a inch of water. Still usable but annoying just like the soggy shoes of those walking it.

The lake appears marbled. Oceanic cerulean on the horizon and then closer to the edge a strong chocolate brown ribbon likely 100 of yards wide. Its "catfish water," which is a term I coined for the slurry you toss from a home aquarium during water changes. There is silt poured from the river but I beat there is fish scales and detritus layered up and down in a watery parfait.

Then at the shore the brown breaks and its the dusty geode blue I am used to. Where it goes clear in tiny portions scooped into your hands.

"I've never seen it that way," says my roof mate. "So high and in those colors."

It has been a slow summer so I reply "Yeah, you are right. Must be all the rain"


No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...