Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Back?

Back in town, but might be absent from the blog-o-sphere for a while. I am seriously job hunting right now and taking advantage of my current half-employment by looking for other jobs. I am also trying to do those New Year's resolutions and read more, write more, and give you better blog posts. So that is my excuse.

But here is something!

Former President Gerald Ford passed away. That's sad, even though I don't much about Gerald Ford. Quite ballsy to accept the loss in Vietnam and then pardon Nixon. However, it does make me think about what will happen when I President I admire passes. I mean what will I do when Jimmy Carter or...say it ain't so..Bill Clinton goes!? I mean, Jimmy Carter, he is so friggin' nice! I wish I was old so I could have voted for him. You always hear guys saying, "I voted for Bush because he looks like a guy I could have a beer with!" Well, I could sit on Jimmy Carter's peanut ranch and drink mint juelps with him all day talking about building houses for underpriveleged people and saying your prayers. I read an article in The New Yorker that Jimmy Carter flies commercial whilst doing his post-presidential business. He gets up and introduces himself to everyone! That is the kind of class I wish I had. I hope I get to meet Jimmy Carter one day on some flight to LaGuardia and provide the flight attendant with the exact change for two mile-high mint juleps.

And what if Bill Clinton passes before I do?! Well, the day that Bill Clinton goes up to the big Arkansas in the sky, they will have to make a law that the word "cool" will no longer be usable. We will instead need to rely on appropiate substitutes like "Boss" or "Airwolf!" Just like weening ourselves of oil, it will be hard at first, but we shall overcome.

But, why would we have to stop using the word "cool?"

Because their is no one, NO ONE, that is cooler than Bill Clinton. NO ONE EVER SO COOL!

Let's all drive down to Jimmy Carter's southern Baptist church and praise the epitome of cool!

Peace!

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...