Sunday, August 22, 2021

Henshin

"What are you thinking about?"

Henshin which is the Japanese word for transform/transformation and is then associated with media where somone transforms into a hero. When the Power Rangers yell "Its Morphin Time!" that's henshin. When Linda Carter spun around fast and changed into Wonder Woman that is henshin. Different from suiting up like Iron Man with a suit of armor. Here it all magically happens in a flash of light and sequence. 

Henshin of the cute co worker manifesting a long spear by moving her hands apart and then twirling it to end in a pose where she cracks her shoulder muscles and is ready to fuck somone up. If I were actually writing this or drawing this then she would have the appropriate armor but this is my fever dream so she wears gymnast outfit. 

Henshin of me being 40 pounds lighter and looking good in the bioluminiscent black ceramic armor of Tron. 

There is often music to all this. Halsey's Nightmare or the aforementioned Tron sound track. If not it would be disconcerting. Somone yells "I have the power!" and then the light and sparks and spell that gives them the Gauntlets of Fury is all quiet. Total cognitive dissonance. 

My day dreams steal right from the comics beacuse I want it all to be clear. Your protagonists and antagonists. The story controlled by the penciler and layout. Instead of any nuance. 

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...