Monday, June 05, 2023

Place holder

I lived in a basement apartment once with exposed pipework running above in the ceiling. The guy above would flush the toilet and it sounded like a tub of Hot Wheels poured down the sewer. 
There were big double jointed spiders that just hung in corners until they decided to sprint across the floor. Here I go! I swear I saw them twirl their legs in full 360 circles once. The old landlady left doily lace curtains in the half window wells. They were yellowed, the color of coffee rings on formica. The spiders spindles website through them to make all encompassing nests.
My budget covered Wegmans brand vegetarian vegetable soup and grilled cheese sandwiches made from an All Clad pan I pulled from bulk pick up. 
Once the bathroom ceiling leaked until water poured through the break in the plaster. Brown and laced with webby film must have been stuck there for days. I fixed the hole with duct tape and a layer of acrylic white paint, all bought at the dollar store.
It would have been haunted. A woman in the walls if not so boring. Placed on Foothill Avenue behind the Dennys.
The whole place was just ok. 

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...