Monday, March 04, 2024

Grief



Asked to describe grief, Ill use an analogy
A tennis ball in a Mason jar
Don't ask me how it got there.
Its tight against the sides and a statement yellow
The ball does not get smaller,  but, over time
The space around the jar gets bigger.
There is more time and air and distance between the now
And the past, the tennis ball. The grief

If given more time and attention
Ill still use an analogy. 
Palimpsests on the page that once were in high relief
And slowly sink back to the college ruled loose leaf
Its also the creases of the folds that are sharper and bite

This makes everything salient and spiraling
Tactile and physical, my grief is a note written years ago
In neat block letters with crystal bank ledger pens
It doesn't matter what it says. Instead, how it feels



No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...