Sunday, December 02, 2018

Snooze

My sleep is broken. The mutant power I inherited (The ability to sleep anywhere) still works. It's my timing.

My wife and I haven't slept in the same bed for over a year. Oh, don't worry! It's because I snore and mumble and she is a very light sleeper. It has helped! And I love sleeping on couches. My ideal sleeping situation is a nest of mish-mosh blankets tucked into the corner of those large L shaped couches you can buy. I dig my feet into the space between the couch and the cushion and they are warm.

But the hours. I can barely stay awake past 9pm. "I just need to rest for a little bit," is the lie I tell myself before passing out. Then I wake up at 3am and the anxiety ramps up! I need to do things around the house! Dishes, laundry, cat boxes, fish tanks, pick up toys! Oh, why didnt I read. I used to read so much! Oh, I could have fiddled with my cards to make a new EDH deck or grinded some more levels on a game. I should have finished binging this new show. Or one of the dozen old ones I left unfinished. Oh, work! Fuck! WORK! It is going to be zany today. I can feel it so I need to do what I can know to get ahead. Sometimes I will zip around and then pass out avain at 530am trying to eek out 30 minutes of rest before my alarm actually goes off.

Anyone have any advice?

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...