Monday, May 07, 2007

I Really Shouldn't Do This

I remember a technical writing class I took back in college. The professor made a "writing" hierarchy were the lowliest and simplest writing (technical) was at the bottom and the most creative (poetry) was at the top. Poems are certainly much more compelling than DVD manuals so the whole concept makes sense. I have a very high respect for poetry. I never ever try to write poetry, because of its stance at the top of the writing hierarchy. I can barely write something with a beginning, middle, and end, let alone, something in friggin iambic pentameter! However, I did write this one little poem. You have been warned.

__________________________________________________

Road side

By Garik Charneco
Tires pop
Keer-swish!
Rims hit metal, swords on asphalt.
Rubber patches alternating on blacktop.
Bluub-screech! Bluub-screech!

Driver screams
Oh, my God!
Hard breathing
Inhale-exhale-inhale-exhale
Flashers tick tock
Automotive metronome

Phone rings
I am stuck
Read the signs
Halsey at County Road 12
Why?
I think it hit a curb

Tires pop
Keer-swish!
Kinetic to potential
Progress stopped.

_________________________________________

Poems are hard, yo! Best left to professionals. Peace!

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...