Sunday, February 09, 2014

Word Play

The other day on CNN they mentioned how a criminal had "faked booby trapped" his home. What does "fake booby trap" mean? It should imply that it is not booby trapped and is safe. Or maybe it means that the traps have real setups but fake payoffs like a gun that does not fire bullets but a flag that says "BANG"" on it. You step on a spring and a recording of the fail noise from the Price is Right plays.  Or he installed them poorly? Is this like "reverse racism?" Or, "same difference," which used to drive a friends of mine bonkers in high school. It was just a two minute story I heard in passing while playing with the baby so who knows, but watch out for my un fake fake booby traps in the yard!

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...