Monday, February 03, 2014

Snowcrash

As a younger man, I was fascinated by conspiracies. Blame The X-Files, but I started a "ParaScience" club in the 11th grade had many Fortean books and magazines to back me up. I am very grateful I grew out of this phase because this was back during the early Internet and I had spotty dial up at home. If this happened now then I would be lost in the very very dark places of the Internet shining up my tin foil hat.

People are no more stupid than before, but we do live in an age where it is very easy to find someone or something that agrees with you. If you don't like vaccines, then science be damned because we got all these websites. Something that has made its rounds on the Internet is the idea that snow that recently paralyzed Atlanta and the South was some sort of government plot. The nuts are not sure what but it has to with chemicals (indeed water is a chemical) and maybe these chemicals were thrown from the blackest of black helicopters.

If the government could produce such insidious material that falls like powder but laughs off flames then why hold off to try it on Atlanta. Mix it in with the oodles dumped on the MidWest to really see some long term effects. A loose box of ball bearings can shut down a freeway, but to slowly dust an unsuspecting populace with nano-snow. Evil genius.

Maybe they are already...

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...