Wednesday, January 16, 2019

On point

At work one of responsibilities is to order things. All kinds of things. Office supplies. Furniture. Discs of sandpaper. Chemistry kits. Hotel bookings and pizzas. Ordering food fills me with the most anxiety because what if it is late and people are upset?
I also deliver a lot of the stuff which can be annoying like when i had to lug a yoga mat the size of curbside trash can up 3 floors but I need the exercise. And I think people appreciate it. They notice that. People notice hustle and being prepared an on the spot. Earn respect and all that.

So one day I delivered a set of office supplies to one coworker and placed it om her desk. And she walked in at the time and I said its your stuff and she said "cool" and went onto work.

And the not saying thank you really stuck with me. Why didn't she say something? Undoubtedly it is because of something with me, yes? Or do I listen to the lizard part of my brain and be, "No, it's her fault!" How rude, right?! Or, no, she is likely super busy and just forgot. Occams razor, right? I'm naturally crabby so I don't want to listen to the list of times I was less than 100% on point. Because it would be the sort of stuff people read when they try to filibuster a bill.

What do you call the inverse of a meme? Not an idea but a little nugget of doubt that sticks with you like the peeble in your shoe? There has to be a German word for it, correct? Because here I am typing it all up days afterwards.

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...