Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Found Loot

We took our kids hiking the order day and I noticed this in the shallows of one of the endless oxbows of the Rocky River. A hubcap to not a car but something significant enough to have one. A trailer? A carnival ride?


Years of video games thought me that this was most certainly some quest loot. I reached my hand into the water and claimed it! I felt no stronger but the river was just a bit cleaner. To note I tend to pick up litter wherever I go. Its a neurotic habit from work where, accountable for everything facility but limited in who does what when, I grab bits of candy wrappers and such from the floor. I often carry a plastic bag with me. "Its to suffocate bad guys!" I tell people jokingly and because it sounds much more bad ass than to pick up litter. Also, I like to think this will buy me just a few less minutes in hell when its my time and all that is left of me is this blog. Some scribbles in the margin of work memos.

As a thought experiment I try to assign it some stats.

As it shield it buffs defense. So depending on your game it could +2 to armor, +0/+2, +2 to blocking. Or maybe blocks at 10% more effective?
The jewel gives it some enchanted ability. And the red makes it a bit more offensive oriented then. Maybe it burns on block? Bleed on block? Or, it can reflect critical hits back onto enemies.
It is also small so I don't think it would take away from any dexterity bonuses. But that's why the buffs are smaller.

You know what is awesome? A lady with a sword! Or a babe with one of those collapsible batons that goes "sha-krink" at the flick of a wrist. So to this daydream I add the found shield. Well not the garbage one but its polished  fantasy variety that is beveled, jeweled, and glistening. This shucks onto people from the office who use it flip a table during a boring meeting. This is what I think about all day. Good looking people who had enough and stand over upturned board room tables and say this is all bullshit. 




No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...