Friday, June 26, 2020

A Podcast You Read

Two of my friends have begun podcasts and one of them is proposing to start another where it is just him. This is in reaction to the quarantine for COVID 19 which, as a I write this, is relaxing in Ohio but I can also see it bounce back in the fall because people are dumb.

Oh, don't worry. I am not starting a podcast. I have a hard enough time with this blog and I don't have a partner to parry and pivot from. I would also be awful at editing and production values. Kids screaming in the background. A toilet flushing and some sort of weird hum as well. Max Headroom would take over and scream about his medical conditions. I mean, if you think of this blog as a podcast that you read then here is the extent of my artistic capabilities. 

If I did a podcast it would be rambling and too self referential for its own good. This is the kind of stuff on very early morning AM radio. Except instead of talking about UFOs and CIA black helicopters I will talk about going 0 and 3 on a MTG draft or how the tree in my backyard does nothing but spit branches out with even a passing gentle zephyr wind. Or dumb internal monologues except in my bargain bin puberty voice. Not like the plays you see here. I would for sure break into a horrible impression that would nuke people's ears. Something like

Co Worker, via text: Thanks for the info. I miss seeing your face on the admin wide zoom calls btw!
Me, via text: Oh me too! Thanks
Me, in my head trying to sound confident: OMG. She is flirting with me! YASS!
Also me, also in my head but not sounding confident which is pretty much how I always sound: No, dumbass. She is just being nice. 

Or really horrible rambling stories. Like I was at work the other day. Just me stuffing some envelope and in walks in a co-worker/teacher to print some stuff. And as she is printing while I am at my desk it starts to smell like the most wonderful fried chicken. Wafting from the outside and I am "What is happening? And, don't say anything because it will be awkward and awful for sure. Keep your head down. Type type type type." But for sure its weird and this is the first co-workers I have physically seen in like 3 weeks and I want to be "OH HEY HOW ARE YOU! I MISS HELPING YOU OUT INDEED. I HOPE THIS IS NOT WEIRD."

Or, I would just make it an oral version of my Twitter. Like, have you guys heard Run The Jewels!? Holy shit they are awesome. And timely! Why didn't I know about them? Well its because the only music you listen to is the same 20 or so Toonami soundtracks and video game scores while you try to get your 10000 steps a day. 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vYPIOaqNlyg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Or hey I liked a bunch of Tweet by both a trans-femme MTG player AND that Neontaster guy who could be an Israeli counter intelligence agent AND then about a dozne Cleveland sports account AND that guy who likes bike lanes in Sandusky a bit too much. Yeah, eat that algorithm. 

If anything that is what I would call my podcast, Eat it Algorithm!

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...