Monday, August 07, 2023

Little Rhythms

If there is a globe then I must spin it. To just see if it works. 
There. It works! 
Let's play that game where we spin the globe and then you jab your finger at it. Wherever you land, that is your next vacation!
Splash! 
It's always the ocean. The big extra empty part they put the legend on. 

If there are tongs then I must clickity clickity click them. Make sure they work!

The door frame above room 305? It's slightly higher than all thr others. This used to be a drama classroom with a sunken stage. The "Glorietta" as they called it twenty something years ago. But it's gone save for the oddly hidden dips and bends of the floorboards. The door frame is higher and swear every freshman boy has to slap the thing on the way in. Cut it out, Jose! And Parker and Devon. Stop it. You will ruin the paint.

Speaking of kids...they drew hopscotch on the sidewalk. If I'm walking and they have drawn a hopscotch course then I must do it. My ankles! The ears of everyone in the whole damn neighborhood after they hear me scream "Oh my body!"

If we are ending service for the night and the manager tells me to clear out the bus trays...I'll kiss every roll of bread before tossing it. That is the body of Christ.



No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...