Monday, February 19, 2007

An experiment

If you can access Facebook, well, then, do it. Do it, now! If you can not, then sign up for an account. It's like MySpace except less creepy. Anyway...

Do a group search for the phrase "Green Lantern."

The first group is actually something completely non-comics related, but the third, and biggest GL fan group is quite comics focused. However, the guy spelled the group name..."Green Lanter Corps."

ACK!

The guy who started the group eventually apologizes for the typo and says that the only way to fix it would be to delete the entire group (about 250 folks) and start again. He chooses to stay the courses with the typo.

I am not one to nitpick about typos. This blog is pretty much the typo breeding grounds. And I don't like to offend fellow fans. However, it does diminish the "oomph" of the group when the hero's name is spelled wrongs. Imagine if Batman swung into battle with a pigeon on his chest or if the Flash had a AAA battery on this suit? Exactly.


That is why I joined the second largest GL FB group. :P

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...