Saturday, February 16, 2019

Choose Your Meme


I am awful at visually expressing myself. Have horrible hand writing so drawings are even bigger jokes. This also applies to making any digital. I mean, look at this blog.

Oh, I loathe making PowerPoints. It's amateur hour for sure. Peak of my power is bulleted lists and alternating colors in those bulleted lists. High contrast like in kids nursery toys! Eh!? Maybe I will get wild and use a non-premade color scheme albeit I always end up recreating one of those gunmetal grey ones with the three bold accent colors.

Cordite gray with lime green, zephyr sky, and fire engine red.

Or what I call "urban camo" with a black and white base with big flashes of sunshine yellow and royal purple. Maybe a bit of red also. The kind of camo you would wear if trying to keep low in say an animation storyboard.

Giving power points I'm fine with. I learned not to read from the slides early on and I am always joking. Funny? Well depends on the listener but bot afraid of public speaking. Good at it? Again...depends but yeah lets go. Give me the soapbox. I got lots to say! I got a blog.

Recently I made a PowerPoint for work and used a ton of memes. One on each slide. I love internet memes since they are an in joke we can all get in on. The Rent is too Damn High guy, Bad Luck Brain, Overly Attached Girlfriend, etc all work regardless if the gag is about dishwashers or doctors. 

Except for this PowerPoint I was told to cut some memes. 

"They wont get it"

Well...whats wrong with them, then?! My heart broke! 😭

I used this meme below which I was super proud of because its SM and uses the "computering" gag I often use at work

"I don't know who she is"

WTF?! 💔

"Oh yeah I think I've seen that but always in a sexy way"

Well...the Internet is a thing so you got me there. 

Also had to cut this one...


Which I had planned to use as part of my table of contents. Because its a slideshow about selecting your IT provider and yeah maybe it needs just a bit of punch. 

But...I live to server and they are right and why they get paid the big bucks. I should read the room and leave the inanity to this little tiny piece of the web. A good reminder, however, that Twitter isn't the real world. Which is good because Twitter can be damn awful but its also a place where I feel that much truer. 


No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...