Monday, August 12, 2019

The Audience For This Post Is Narrow

If existent at all then the audience for this post is narrow. It would be beyond awkward if anyone at work discovers this blog. Not because I slam anyone but because "Wow, that guy is weird." Or worse...that guy is boring. So no one will get this except me but it claws at my mind.

There is a pair of co-workers I am going to now jointly refer to as "The Raptors" because they are young, smart, assertive and "they test for weaknesses. so be careful when you present about the HR protocols!" And they keep you on your toes and keep you honest and are a through line for my tenure in my current gig. And they should have feathers because it makes scientific sense in dinosaurs and would look whimsical on people but I get it because it looks goofy. Plus allergies. And the mess!

And this is reference to Jurassic Park and the Muldoon's great white hunter pitch when we see the park feeding them. My kids have recently gotten into these movies (Their favorite is Jurassic World which is the best sequel but all of the sequels are not so great so there is that) and that came to mind.

Because of this I am going to change their MTG color alignment to Naya (White, Green and Red) because for sure they are core white with one leaning more so to the other. SO easy to splash the other color and because Naya dinosaurs ROAR! Zacama has three fucking heads!



Quick aside (If there is any constant to this post) is that whenever I think Jurassic Park I think of Channel Awesome Nostalgia Critic take on Jurassic World.



And I know that if you spend too much time on the Internet like I that there is justified concern over how Channel Awesome and the Walkers treated former employees and content creators (People I really like like Angry Joe, Linkara and Lindsey Ellis) but I am human and this whole bit gets me.

"I'm a raptor"

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...