Thursday, May 18, 2023

Typing

In order to stay warm, the landlord has set up an exchange (a neat nest of wires and a tiny network switch) to talk to a computer to talk to the furnace. The whole system has ears and it needs the sounds of a clicking keyboard. Write to stay warm. Say something and do not freeze.
I am not writing and selling stories to pay the heating bill. Instead the sound and effort makes the thermostat click and triggers the throaty sigh as the furnace comes to a head. 
I'll repeat the same phrase over and over. 
This is dumb. This is dumb. This is dumb
I want to take an axe to the computer. Yes fuck it.
I'll type out the alphabet. 
Luckily, mercifully, the whole setup lets you prime it. So type a thousand words and it will run a half day.

I'll re-write essays from middle school. Here is what I have learned about "Poseidon since that 7th grade paper. He really was all about horses. How did I miss that? Also, makes no sense"

I won't write scripts but instead the scripts to YouTube video reviews of nostalgic shows.
"Arclight is a slightly truly historic adventure series that ran two seasons between 2005 to 2007. It tells the fictionalized ghost hunting escapades of Charles Brush who really did invent the arclight"

I'll type out secrets. Regrets. Wishes
Throw into the void how I no call, no showed quit that sandwich sub shop. The teleplay beats of my fantasies. The things I've shoplifted. The times I've been cruel and never had a chance to make up for it. 
Every time I felt guilt averting eyes from the man outside the VA clinic drafting through traffic asking for a change. The time in college a professor thanked me for reading all the assigned books in the class when I missed one. Only half reading Nelson Mandela's autobiography. Swear he wrote 70 pages for every year he was imprisoned 

I'll type things that made my day or brought a change to it.
This lady wore a dress to the office today. What could that mean?
This house is all black and on the porch a man with gauged ears takes photos of Jack o lanterns and orange twinkle lights in May.
The purple glow of tomato houses across Lake Erie

I don't know where it is all logged. Or.if anyone reads them but it's there and kindling the furnace each morning and evening. During the day it is up to the cats to clatter over the keys.


No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...