Friday, July 27, 2018

Back, Again!

 I have returned? What is different this time? Well, Twitter happened and I love Twitter. The President of the United States loves Twitter so why not me? I understand it is all just one giant swamp of comment section digitally ramming into another toxic comment section but do I love it so. And the thrill from those likes. Even just 2 makes me high five the nearest person which is usually a cat. I have been unsuccessful in training my cats to high five btw.

So, I wanted someplace to type longer pieces since I am verbose and suck at making Twitter threads.

If you have been here before then mostly the same save for a few changes:


  • I changed jobs and while I often talked about my old one I will not about my current one. Don't worry its not top secret or anything but learned some lessons along the way. I work at a public school. Maybe I may mention a favorite teachers but all good and sealed away. I practice my work rants in the car driving back home so the people in the car next to me can look at me and say "That's a winner!"
  • I am less concerned about the tags and links than before. With time I can clean up some more.
  • No more or very little fiction writing. While I still express myself every day through writing and those lessons helped (Continue to influence me) I never had much success or the discipline to push through. I got old and fat(ter) and married and had kids and then couldn't prioritize the scribbling.
  • Maybe a bit of written asides or poetry. Crappy poetry of course but wouldn't that be neat. Whenever I think of poems I think of a girl I had a creative writing class with who wrote that she as going through a break up and that "her skin could not heal. Like the wet grass it is whole but makes for divots with even the lightest pressure." It was better in college and yay for poetry and quick little writes.
  • I'll try to be funny
  • It will be random. You like bloviating on writing on post, then a mom joke, then something about the Magic the Gathering? Oh we got you! 
I am sorry if your read something in the archives and think "Man, what a jabroni!" I am not going to delete them so go nuts and if you find something that makes you wonder please call me out. 

That is it! Enjoy

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...