Sunday, May 24, 2020

Yelling

"Would you mind closing your windows? We can hear you screaming all the way down the street?"
This bolts a tiny catalyst of petty deep in my brain. "Oh sorry about that but no." Its 90 degrees out and being laid off trying to save money on utilities. 
"Well, it interrupts my day. Your poor kids. All you do is yell."
I have avoided neighbors. They are tiresome little things that all act as feudal lords of their tiny plot of land. Always mulching and having a mower. Then a trimmer and an edger.
"Well sorry Karen but THIS IS MY NORMAL LEVEL OF VOLUME. YOU CLOSE YOUR WINDOWS!"
I slam the door and my children they look up from tablets and coloring booms. "WOW! DADDY! WHAT HAPPENED?"
"NOTHING!"
"ITS

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...