Thursday, May 07, 2020

That's Fine

I routinely check my blog metrics and notice the same bead of two lonely readers viewing each post. That is fine because I don't think I have anything particularly interesting to say. I often talk to myself because I consider it my form of prayer. Hash out the situation in my head. Say what I would say if I had all the money in the world. All the courage. All the time and insight. This blog is a digital version of that. Talk to myself. Making a note to remember something that fired enough synapses into my brain to merit recording for all to see.

I've mentioned this before but sometimes I worry that people will find this blog. Folks from work. Old contacts from high school. A friend of mine started a podcast and she had my on it. I didn't mention the blog but we mentioned my Twitter handle (@garikapc) on which there is a link to my blog.

Would someone find this blog and be aghast? Or laugh at its foolishness? I would be flooded with readers! But, still just two. Which is fine as this is all just prayer. Personal but in an open air way where hopes and fears go alfot. With mine they nestle into a tiny corner of an undulating digital scene filled with stories and information. People don't have much time for the grains and that's fine. 

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...