Monday, June 02, 2008

Deeper Archives

One lovely thing about finding a new blog is reading through that blogger's archives. The act helps you familiarize yourself with the blogger and see how he or she got his or her voice. It is akin to tapping into a hot, still aired show into it's third season. You get all the back episodes on DVD box sets or watch them online to understand why everyone is so stoked for a fourth season.
Maybe, someone out there, will stumble upon this blog and say, "I need to read more of Garik! There is still an hour left until quitting time!"

Well, if you like books and the kind of jokes you read in the "Movies I Should Have Already Seen" bits, then you can peruse my Bookcrossing shelf and see the reviews for all those books I contributed to the wonderful experiment of BXing. Like the blog, the earlier posts feature a wide variety of typos and hasty text. The newer ones are sharper and my most recent one was the longest review in my BXing career. So many Bookcrossing reviews are short and lacking. "Hey, I liked it," is not going to get me on a cross-town bus so I can search underneath every desk at a local park for any book.

Enjoy, and another post coming up soon!

Peace!

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...