Saturday, March 02, 2019

The Club

At work there is someone in our building who put a Club on their car. Every morning they get there and take a few seconds to clamp on this steel shaft to their wheel. I am usually rushing and racing but they get there with enough time to do this ritual.

The Club reminds me of the go-go 90s and gimmicky gadgets that then seemed much more eccentric. Yeah, they were "As seen on TV" but seeing it now makes me think of Skymall Magazine, the ads in the back of old comics, and various catalogs including one a friend of mine got called "Things you never knew existed"

Onw of my aunts has a very good lesbian friend. To the point that my mom swore "Titi Viva es gay" in her older widowed phase of life. But my mom thought I was gay for a while to and that "at night all cats are black" so theres that.

We falled this goof friend of my aunt "Titi Gladys" and Gladys drove the 90s Mobile: LE Maygauez edition.

White Pontiac Lumina
Driver and passenger seats had the beaded wooden seat liners for your back
The "tin foil" folded solar shield WITH the embossed sunglasses design
The Club
The CD player that runs off the tape deck
A plastic supermarket bag tied around the shift handle for trash.

And, as a kid, did I think it was awesome riding in that machine going to the Tastee Freeze or my cousins house!

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...