Tuesday, May 07, 2019

Here I Go Again, Talking About Dreams

I had a nightmare the other night. Not an outright screaming or panic but something eerie and odd. I remember the dialogue albeit it was much more sensory than narrative.

Me: Why did you wrap me in this plastic sheet? My legs you wrapped them in this plastic sheet. Like Saran wrap but very tight.
Wife: What are you talking about?
Me: Last night. I woke up this morning and I had all this plastic wrap on me all shredded up. On the couch and on my legs
Wife: I have no clue
Me: I could feel you snipping at the wrap peeling it away. And every time there was a laser point of light, like a shooting star but in our living room. It glows purple, then pink, neon yellow and pastel green. With each snip
Wife: I think you dreamed this whole thing up.
Me: No, I head it. Its a long snip. If this were a comic book it would read out *SNIIIIIPPPP* and I felt the greasy grimy metal of the bottom of the blade on my leg.
Wife: You made this up.

And then I woke up. I should have realized it was a dream when I was talking to wife casually about wrapping me up in plastic pallet wrap but this isn't Inception.


No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...