Sunday, February 09, 2020

A UFO Story

Some founde art sketched into the side of a pipe awning in Canalway Reservation outside of Cleveland. This is from the fall and I discovered it while deleting through my camera roll. 

See, I am obsessive about digital memory. I'm still scared by the 1.44 MB of memory of floppies and having to select which paper from 7th grade to delete for my new one now in the 11th grade. Note we did not have a printer growing up so when I had to print papers I passed the floppy over the fence to our neighbor. This was past the corner in our backyard where the mango tree rose from the other neighbors yard. The one where I had to dodge rats.

So when photos no longer earn the lost power of their memory then I delete them. Same for memes I gather and send to people or have saved for quick reaction. "I used this already so it's got to go!" I also run regular updates on my machine on a nearly basis like I'm the President and in keeping my secrets safe from North Korean hackers.  "Dont worry guys, I got this. Update and restart!"

I don't have a story about UFOs save for my obsession with the unexplained as a teen. But, anything I saw in the sky could be explained by the mundane. Still did not diminish a crippling and ridicolous terror of being abducted by aliens. It would be like fearing getting gored by a unicorn or losing a drinking contest to a goblin. 

The greys would slink through my windows either clocking open the shutters from outside or, in northern climes, splintering the wooden frames. So the heavy oak pane based pop out. They are silent and emaciated but their movements are frenetic and menacing. There is always moonlight and it makes their arms stutter in a chiaoscuro a bit too fast for the eye. Then they grab my feet and here is where I would gasp, the only reaction from me. Then it's like how I imagine death feels. At least the death that seems so prevalent for us. Cancer. Heart disease. Opportunistic infections. Hundreds of hands, alternating between silky and tacky, rub down from your waist to your ankles. They get higher with each grab moving from toes to your knees and then up to your chest. They get higher and multiply until a hundred hands smoother you (or me if it's just the abduction scenario) to a place where, if you return, no one believes you.




No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...