Sunday, February 02, 2020

Goodness, Its Another Poem

The writing prompt book told me to write about "ink"


Writing Prompt-Ink

In the margins I draw hearts
When someone walks by who
twirls their hair on a finger tip

The palimpsests of blue bank pen
Make a vertical landscape on legal pads
Three pages deep
There are hearts

The rest of the tally
Counts things less important
Cars that drove by
Number of pitches
The history of pens scribbled on the sheet
It can be anything

When someone frowns
bringing hurt curls to the floor
I make the heart bigger
For support in thick doubled back lines

Alone in the room with nothing
I trace swirls onto one another
Concentric bands that frizzle to my end point
A purple-black dot poured from ballpoint

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...