Thursday, December 07, 2006

And there was one

Readers of my new-old blog will have probably noticed it is is down. It is down for good so this is the final time you will hear about the BOP. I committed a big blog error and thankfully escaped the worst of it. The blog, however, did not. It was fun for the 1.5 years I had the BOP and it will be fun here too, albeit in a much safer manner.

There will still be snark. But when I do a snarky post it will be done well with some actual effort going into the humor. Instead of just cruising the old Ithaca Journal for some Spencer-Van Etten town briefs to snark at, the funny will come with a bit more context and thought put into it. Remember the Sundae War post? And the one about the Co-op of Justice? Yeah, like those. So the funny will get funnier. However, it will just be less frequent. You know when a blogger that blogs about nothing except, oh, I don't know, food, and he/she goes off one something else in post? You know how they usually label those "off-topic?" Well like that.

So what can you see here now on the all-alone Fear of the Blank Page. Well, more about what I actually wanted to do when I signed on for this whole blog thing. Trying to write something and discussing writing and books.

So, here we go, again. To those few loyal readers around since day one, thank you so much for staying with me and putting up with this nonsense. To those that stumbled upon this through Goggle or Blogger, welcome and I hope you dig it.

Think about it this way...Remember when the IAU declared that Pluto was no longer a planet and we all got bummed? And remember how we all rallied and said, "Well, its not a planet anymore, but it's still there and it's still our memories! Pluto shall live!" YEAH! Think about it that way.

Or like when the McRib comes back!
Or like when your favorite superhero goes back to his original costume after strapping on some armor flim-flam the editors thought would be cool!
Or when George Lucas re-re-released the old Star Wars movies so that Han shot first!

Yeah, like that.

Peace!

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...