Wednesday, January 31, 2007

An aside

While at work today I overheard some DJ banter on WICB about how Jet Blue airlines is offering free beer and TV to all passengers flying during the actual Super Bowl. If I actually cared about the Super Bowl and was also flying during it then that would be friggin amazing! However, since my greatest football grandeur is that time I sucker tackled some kid during fifth grade touch football (hence, the sucker tackle term) game I am a bit amiss. However, this does remind me of one bit of airline humor.

Ever been on a flight and had the pilot call over the PA with the score of some big game all us suckers are missing? It's usually a college football game, but this might be a bit biased as I usually fly on Saturdays. If I flew on Monday nights, I might be different. Anyway, the pilot comes over the PA with his voice breaking the audio to Roll Bounce, Rudy, or whatever claptrap they are playing that day.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is the captain coming to you from the flight deck. We are just an hour outside of Fort Lauderdale so just sit tight and we'll get you there right on time. And for those of you interested, the score at half time was Ohio 34 and Michigan 27."

Now, you might think that the pilot is just being a nice dude, but in reality he is making fun of you. Not only does the guy have complete control of the plane and your life, but he also has a fucking radio! Dance puppets, dance!

Peace!

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...