Saturday, July 18, 2020

Bumblebee

Along the shale river rock of a Great Lake stream, I marveled when i saw a humble suttuer and grate into a hole in the ground. Dont they live in hives? A notch in a tree? 
No, apparently not. They burrow. 
I am glad I witnessed this for it prepared me to find bumblebees in my basement. Drowning themselves in the spare bathrooms toilet. Or turning into husks as they try to head butt through the window blocks. 
Where are they coming from? The dryer exhaust? The PVC ventilation for the furnace? Or its a crack in the foundation. On my neighbors side where they edge everyday for stark lines against their opponents driveway. 
Its unnerving seeing a dead bumblebee in my basement by the derby trophy and stack of Inquest magazines. Its the whale and bowl of flowers from Hitchhiker's Guide. How did it get here? It has to be a sad story. 

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...