Friday, July 31, 2020

G in The ABC

Write out La Oreja de Van Gogh's Geografia's lyrics and well its going to hurt. Especially if you translate them into English. Major cringe factor akin to that time in the 90s when commercials and shows THOUGHT they knew what rapping meant and had everyone try and spit fire.

I had never seen the vidoe before this and it also makes no sense. For a song that is all about intimacy, its folks having a big jazzy street jam.

I shouldn't be so derisive. I like this song! The lyrics are quite poetic but typing them out...trust me they sound better in Spanish. I mean...

I would like to start a country with you. So words like motherland, flag, nation, border, race or destiny would make sense to me

OR

I would love if our country had, a huge arsenal of cuddles under the sea

OR

Give me your hand so we can take this boat celebrating with a kiss the day that is today

Written out like that they are anime ending song lyrics that make no sense. Cringe factor 100%. Once, I tried to flirt with a girl by asking what color her underwear was and I didn't cringe as much then. Really feel it in your stomach as it falls out.

It sounds better for sure. Don't let any this discourage you from giving a list And even if you can't speak Spanish there is a neat spicy guitar.



No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...