Friday, July 10, 2020

Furtive Dream Journal 2

I took an Benadryl to counteract a surprise allergy attack that popped up in the evening. I live in a death trap of cats and dust mites that is only kept at bay by a cocktail of prescriptions. Four pills and a puff to make sure I don't wake up wheezing and sweaty. Perhaps that pill was related to this sequence.

I dreamed that me, a co worker, the boyfriend of some yoga teacher I follow on Instagram, and then a random Spanish man all had to go to a Magic the Gathering tournament. And we were in one of those nameless cities from bad movies. All brutal concrete and Geo Metros. But I messed up and we came at the wrong day so, in a dream wipe, ended up at Townhall restaurant, a place infamous in Cleveland for being run by a litigious and racist jerk off owner. Disgusted by ourselves we then snuck over to a children's hospital where we had to steal a pillow from the second floor. It was an open air hospital with green courtyards framed by mossy paver paths. It reminded me a hospital I visited in Nicaragua or my own elementary school where at any moment the outside world could vine in through the steel shutter windows. Here were were joined by the tall gym teacher from my school and my father in law. They helped us weave through a shanty town built over a swamp that abutted the hospital and towards a highway which is when I woke up. 


No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...