Thursday, September 12, 2019

After Work


What is the best feeling in the world after work?

It needs to be something quick and satisfying. Likely carnal.

Using a bathroom that is your own.

Drag on a cigarette.

Taking off your bra. (Or so I've heard. Ok...read on Twitter jokes and E card memes)

For me, right now, it is eating a piece of bread. Two pieces to get real. I get home and put two pieces of rye bread in the toaster (24 grams of carbs total!) and then eat them dry with a diet Coke. Then, if I ate no bread during the day, I roll forward some of carbs (30 grams per meal!) and eat another with a pad of butter.
These are not gourmet slices. But to me they are the level of the brown bread at Cheesecake Factory which is my favorite kind of mass market bread.

I then take my metformin pill with this quick meal. One of those esophagus busting pills. The biochemistry is lost on me but I then feel the opposite of my bread reverie. I want to throw up and I feel a distinct pain in ankle. It's going to snap! Its because you ate bread! Where is the couch and something to clutch?

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...