Friday, September 20, 2019

Journal Entry 9-20-19

If anything this blog is a horrible journal. That is what I say when my wife tells me "You spend too much time on Twitter."

"Don't worry, honey. Its like a journal. No different than what others have done for hundreds of years!"

Dear Diary...is it a journal when you are writing with the intent of people seeing it but no one actually ends up seeing it. Isn't it just a bad story? Bad joke? Lame tweets?

Dear Diary...I am worried that I should maybe print out all these scintillating articles and store somewhere. We produce so much text and copy but none of it is printed. Maybe that is a good thing but where will the 2019 equivalent of the Dead Sea Scrolls come from? I am sure someone is printing all the Trump tweets and a Benghazi bro has all of Hilary's emails printed (and laminated) somewhere. We got that going.

Dear Diary...I should actually journal for my audience of none.However, because I get up at 2:30am every day with anxiety about work or my family that is all I want to talk about. But I don't want to get fired. And I want my children, when they inevitably blame me for how damaged they (Or their world) are and don't want to hear "You shared all your secrets on your blog! I never consented to that!"
At work I did come up with a good retort to a co-workers but she always disarms me by playing with her hair when we talk. No clue why that phases me but it instantly saps any wit, insight, or vitriol from my comments.
At work, I did learn about Fucking Hooray moments which I will try to affirm daily.

Fucking Hooray because I rediscovered a favorite album of all time Re by Mexican band Cafe Tacvba (Its like the U/V in Chrvhces. Not a typo) all the way back from the year 1994.



I am a product of my environment so few albums I have listened end to end but that was one and from a very tender age. Fucking Hooray!

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...