Wednesday, November 27, 2019

German Thanksgiving

I only know two songs in German and one is Ramstein's Duhast which is a very angry song. I think it means "you hate me". The other is the ditty I just heard on a friend's Salty Chills playlist



Now every introduction is an excuse to use this

Some stranger: "Hey. How was your Thanksgiving?"

Me: "Good good super good. Good good super good. I look super good!"

Stranger: ***visible confusion***

Actually, I think my Thanksgiving will be pointedly lame considering we are pulling a Gilmore Girls and having multiple dinners in one day. All with people we rather not be with. My perfect Thanksgiving would be one at home with my nuclear family. Or a Friendsgiving with people I actually want to hang out with. Or a Worksgiving except while that fills part of me with joy the other half is filled with anxiety.

I better keep listening to this song.


No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...