Friday, November 01, 2019

Sorry, an MTG post

Recently on Twitter I said I was going to take a break. That is because I use it as sometimes a sad cry to engage/discuss and no one reciprocates. Not that anyone needs to but sometimes I think I make a funny gag and those likes hit like knock out punches of dopamine. I am terrified people from work will find it but then I want them to decipher the in jokes but then I get scared again that they will realize it is deeply boring. Posts on the blog often increase when things are going bonkers in my life but writing, even boring one, is helpful. Tweeting offers no such catharsis even when I thread the chains.

But, then someone leaked cards* from MTG's January set of Theros: Beyond Death and as expected my girl Elspeth is coming back from the dead and I HAVE TO SQUEE!



That is her full art version so, if history holds, that is her final art albeit the "normal" version will have frames.

If you know anything about MTG then I will plant my flag and say she will be good. Most folks are poo-pooing her effect but I think she is like History of Benalia in terms of being a topper in white aggressive decks. And she can come back as long as you have cards in the graveyard. Shit, you can even chain them into each other so she is never not on the battlefield. RAARRGH! GET EM!

If you don't then, I am sorry. Why you are down so deep here I don't know but thanks for reading. I love Elspeth because she is 1) Bad ass 2)Wear appropriately designed armor** and 3) Is a Bant Knight and I like to think of myself as that. Well, maybe a squire.

I just had to squee! I am glad she is "coming" back from the dead after her run in with poor writin....errr...the Sun God Heliod who killed her because its an cheap way to build path...she showed even gods could die.

The set officially releases in January and official previews would come in late December so I will save my Twitter gushing for then.





*Per the story they found boosters for sales in a Walgreens in North Carolina. Which maybe a lie (Why would product be shipped already to big box people?) but could also be true considering leaks are lousy in MTG. It could be guerrilla marketing albeit if it is its some piss poor image quality.

**I am sincere in this but another favorite fictional crush character is Sailor Moon so I am not made of stone! 

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...