Monday, December 16, 2019

Salty Snack

The following is a list of things that are incredibly mundane at job but that people treat as if it were black magic.


  • Changing the toner on the copier
  • Submitting a purchase request
  • Carrying a box of paper up stairs
  • Making an outbound phone call
  • Restarting your computer
  • Knowing who your supervisor is
  • Knowing how pay periods work
  • Connecting to WiFi
  • Using the supply room
  • Cleaning the kitchen
That's very salty. There are people who get it but the sheer amount of people flabbergasted by this saps my faith sometimes.

However, it reminds me of an old SNL sketch with Mike Myers

"Middle Age Man"

I can't find clips but here are some links to better blogs who also remember. And he knows things like how to jump start a dead car battery and "I know when all my appliance warranties are up." 

So, just like Middle Aged Man was a hero I am going to embrace this as it, if anything, affirms my usefulness when I could be replaced by a laminated FAQ. 

A co-workers recently told me that I am always salty and well..I got to give it to them. They were right. But they know how to change toner. 


No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...