Tuesday, January 14, 2020

A Play-Visiting

One thing at my job that leads to a regular crisis of confidence is when I visit some of our remote sites to assist with helpdesk issues. Everything is just different enough to lend itself to inevitable delays and that sort of tribal knowledge from my own location is gone. I also can't approve purchases for these sites so often I am just advising my peers who can who are out of the building. In any case here is a bit of a play.

Staff Member: Hey, can you help me with my projector?

Me: Sure. What happened.

SM: It exploded.

Me: ... FOR REAL?! (Note, internally I think this is beyond awesome.)

SM: Well...it got really hot and then a puff of smoke came out before it died.

Me: Oh looks like a a bulb died. Purchasing is getting a quote to then replace

SM: How fast will that be?

Me: I don't know. A week?

SM: Can you give me a projector? I need one very soon.

Me:  ... No, sorry.

Also, me (internally): No, sorry. I left my Bag of Holding at the Hairy Troll Inn so I am plain out of projectors that I can just unfold from my satchel

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...