Thursday, April 23, 2020

A Play on Homeschooling

Life lessons while homeschooling


Me: What is the theme of this story?
Son: Um...oh! To not trust strangers!
Me: Yes!
Son: Yeah, like you should only trust people who are friendly. Like your mom, dad, teacher. Or a police office.
Me: Oh, yeah, but...never trust the police.
Son: Wait...why
Me: ... ***how to explain institutionalized racism, a de-emphasis on community policing, polarized social dynamics, poverty, and the allure of power to a 6 year old*** Well...never talk to the police unless I'm there. Or you are in mortal danger.
Son: Yeah, or if you are lost.
Me: Yes...or that

No comments:

Long Night of Solace

I think I'm going to put the blog formally on hiatus. I've reached a comfortable nadir in my life, edging between depression and spu...